A New Hope

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A New Hope

Post  Moonglow Draoi on Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:45 am

As the first signs of light and life stir in Fort Hope, Snowflake walks up to the castle....scroll case in her hand. Naturally stopped by the guards to inquire her business Snowflake smiles and simply replies,

"My business is with your King and Queen kind knight. If you would you please, give this to them...*hands the guard a scroll case with a simple snowflake inscribed at the center*....and do not worry...I will forgive you for reading it....I understand it is your job." *smiles and turns back towards the inn*

As she walks away she looks back once to see if by chance the royal couple were visible, but then turns back knowing her friends will respond once they get her request to see them.

*******************************************************************************
As expected the note is read to ensure it is not some sort of contingency spell that goes off when read....the note reads,

Your Majesties, my friends, Linariel and Brina,

Forgive me for my lengthy absence. I do hope all is as well as it appears. I would like to speak with one or both of you about a building purchase I would like to make... at your leisure of course. I admit, I am not certain you are the ones I need to speak with, but in any case - it would be nice to visit if you have the time. I am staying at the Witch's Brew and plan to be nearby this week. I will happily come to the castle if you prefer.

Your friend,
Snowflake
avatar
Moonglow Draoi
Admin

Number of posts : 327
Registration date : 2008-08-27
Age : 41
Location : USA, Texas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

A New Hope

Post  Mama Legba on Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:55 pm

A messenger from the castle walks into the common room of the Witch's Brew. He looks around the room and when he sees no elves, walks over to the bar.

Messenger: "Hello, madam. I have a missive from the Queen for a Ms. Snowflake Gallent. Is she available by chance?"

Maisri looks up from wiping down the bar and smiles at the messenger. "I'm sorry, Snowflake is out at the moment. She mentioned the possibility of receiving a letter. If you would like to leave it with me, I can assure she receives it upon her return."

He gives a stiff, formal nod and hands the sealed letter over to Maisri. "Thank you, ma'am. Please see that she gets this without delay." He then turns on his heel and heads out of the inn.

When Snowflake and Anen return, Maisri greets them and hands the sealed letter over to Snowflake. "While you were out, a messenger from the castle left this for you. Why don't you go warm yourselves by the fire and I'll bring you both a glass of Cronkaran wine." She smiles and walks back to the bar to get their wine.

Snowflake and Anen seat themselves by the fire and Snowflake breaks the seal on the letter and begins to read...


My dear Snowflake,

It is good to hear from you again. Linariel is away on business, but I would be delighted to see you again. The castle is in disarray as there is still work to be done on the enterior. Unless you enjoy chaos, I think meeting you at The Witch's Brew would be better. Send word to the castle when it is a good time for you and I will gladly take a break from the noise and confusion to visit with you over a glass of wine.

Your friend,
Brina Fraser


avatar
Mama Legba
Admin

Number of posts : 241
Registration date : 2008-08-27
Age : 50
Location : USA, Tennessee

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A New Hope

Post  Moonglow Draoi on Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:54 pm

Snowflake folds the letter and places it in a pouch. After talking some with Anen and Maisri she decides there is no time like the present. She asks Maisri to set up a small table for them with a few snacks and drinks and excuses herself to the castle noting it may be a while...."Brina -is- the Queen after all."

She arrives and asks to see Brina. She shows the guard her note before he begins his excuses. With a nod he shows her just inside and sends a messenger up to Brina then returns to his post. Snowflake waits patiently at the entry for her friend.
avatar
Moonglow Draoi
Admin

Number of posts : 327
Registration date : 2008-08-27
Age : 41
Location : USA, Texas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

A New Hope

Post  Mama Legba on Fri Nov 13, 2009 8:13 pm

The guard taps softly on his queen's door and waits for a repyl before entering. He bows then rises. "My queen. There is an elf downstairs who has requested to see you. She said her name is Snowflake."

Brina smiles and shuffles some papers on her desk. "Wonderful. I could use a break about now. Please have her brought up to my private quarters and then go inform the cook to have some refreshments sent as well." Brina locks the papers away in a chest behind her desk, then leaves her study and heads to her sitting room.

The guard returns to Snowflake. "Excuse me, ma'am. If you will follow me, Queen Brina will see you in her quarters." He escorts Snowflake to his queen's rooms then leaves to inform the cook to send up refreshments.

Brina is sitting in one of two large, comfy chairs by a fireplace. She smiles at Snowflake as she enters. "Snowflake. It's so good to see you again." Brina motions to the other chair. "Please, have a seat. We have a lot of catching up to do."
avatar
Mama Legba
Admin

Number of posts : 241
Registration date : 2008-08-27
Age : 50
Location : USA, Tennessee

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A New Hope

Post  Moonglow Draoi on Sat Nov 14, 2009 2:30 pm

*Snowflake takes a seat and chuckles softly* Well, I did tell Anen and Maisri it could be a while before we returned to the inn...*chuckles a little more* to eat and catch up. After all, you did say things were in a disarray.
avatar
Moonglow Draoi
Admin

Number of posts : 327
Registration date : 2008-08-27
Age : 41
Location : USA, Texas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A New Hope

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum