Seeks advice from the druid.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Seeks advice from the druid.

Post  dragonkillerdojo on Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:59 am

Missin Thyme wanders across the plains being careful as she travels. Many thoughts ruminate in her mind as she walks to the druid grove. She is a bit disturbed and feels a need to talk to someone who may guide her. She makes it to the druid grove and spots Hanald the Druid. She walks to the circle of stone and speaks to Hanald.

"Hanald, May I speak to you about something that has troubled me lately? I have been disturbed as of late by nightmares of undead and liches chasing and experimenting on me. This has been happening almost nightly after falling down a well and being captured by an old lich in a vineyard in Cronkara. I have felt uneasy all the time as if someone is watching me from afar. I feel there is something wrong. And I keep thinking of old bones.. bones that are ancient that keep coming to my mind. Do you know what this could mean? What do you think of this Hanald?"

Missin looks in Hanalds eyes seeking understanding for all her confusion and emotional turmoil as of late.
avatar
dragonkillerdojo
Knight
Knight

Number of posts : 131
Registration date : 2008-08-27
Age : 53
Location : Pacific Coast

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Seeks advice from the druid.

Post  Anadrith Indoril on Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:23 am

*Hano's brow furrows slightly, his face etched with concern*

"Come, child. Sit with me and we shall talk."

*He tends to a small campfire outside the edge of the stone's circle, pouring her a mug of herbal tea from the kettle hung just out of the flames reach. He returns to the circle and holds out the mug for her to accept before sitting cross legged opposite her.*

"So, child. You say that you have had these dreams ever since? Do you remember anything of what happened to you? It is possible that something... may have been done to you. Or that these events have scarred you, leaving you with a most troubled mind. Perhaps a night in the peace of this clearing may soothe your nerves.

*He smiles kindly, gesturing with his hand a good spot for her to pitch her tent*

Anadrith Indoril
DM
DM

Number of posts : 256
Registration date : 2009-03-24
Location : England (GMT)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Seeks advice from the druid.

Post  dragonkillerdojo on Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:07 am

Missin accepts Hanald's offer and sits near the campfire and stares into the flames while she listens to him speak. As the mug of herbal tea is offered to her, she takes it from his hand and sips from it slowly. She thinks for a short time and responds to Hanalds questions.
" I've been plagued by these horrible dreams since I've returned from the Vineyard in Cronkara. They fill my thoughts in my sleep. I've been haunted by these images for days and I don't know what to do about them. I am exhausted all day long...and find it difficult to get the rest I need.
I was told that an old lich had captured me and experimented upon me while I was unconscious by those that rescued me. I do not know what the old lich did to me for I remember nothing. But I have not been the same since returning home.

*She nods to Hanald of the spot he points out to her to pitch her tent*

"May I stay a few days with you and we can speak together to find some meaning in these disturbing dreams I have had and why my nerves are on edge most of the day? I do need some rest and would appreciate your wise advice."

*She accepts Hanalds offer and pitches her tent for the night. She crawls into her sleeping bag and drifts off into a deep sleep. Near morning she lets out a loud scream and tosses and turns under her blankets. Her heart is racing very rapidly and she speaks the words loud enough to be heard not knowning if Hanald can hear her or not.

"The well..... the light.....that hand.... that face...that skeletal face in the dark robes.....reaching for my throat..... No no.... It can't be happening to me. Nooooo...... *she quiets down again for a short time tossing and turning then speaks again "that banner upon the wall...... A triangulat pennant ...... Black as midnight.........with a marking in the middle...... a bright sun with a black skull..... the skull of undeath.... coming for us..... coming for us all...to kill us all one by one.....to take all our souls straight to the depths of the deepest hell.. . Noooooooooooo!!!!!!!!"
She wakens up out of her dream in a cold sweat.. her heart racing... looking around her rapidly...only to find the grove is peaceful and calm. The campfire embers are glowing a soft red. All is quiet except for her rapid breathing. After a few minutes she calms herself and looks into the campfire, speaking softly "It was only a dream. only a dream..."
avatar
dragonkillerdojo
Knight
Knight

Number of posts : 131
Registration date : 2008-08-27
Age : 53
Location : Pacific Coast

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Seeks advice from the druid.

Post  Anadrith Indoril on Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:24 am

*Hano rushes over, placing the back of his hand gently on her forehead*

"Child, you are as cold as death, and the way you were thrashing around in your sleep... whatever is the matter?"

*Hano sits and listens with a stony expression as Missin recounts her dream. He rises slowly and returns to the campfire, tipping a fine powder into a mug and pouing hot water on top. He returns to Missin's tent, halding out the mug to her.*

"It sounds as if your demons are not those who will fade away into memory. Perhaps these fragments of recollection are resurfacing to tell you something, I do not know. But perhaps facing whatever troubles your mind may ease your burden a little. Drink this, it is infused with the same root extracts found in clarity potions... it may... clear your mind a little."

Anadrith Indoril
DM
DM

Number of posts : 256
Registration date : 2009-03-24
Location : England (GMT)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Seeks advice from the druid.

Post  dragonkillerdojo on Sat Jan 23, 2010 4:37 pm

Missin takes the mug from Hano and sips from it slowly. Thinking over Hano's words. She is shaken and stirred from her terrifying nightmare.


I wish I could forget the ordeal in the well Hano. I have been deeply troubled each night since I returned. I don't want to remember... but maybe your right. Maybe I should.


She looks into her mug and finishes drinking from it. She sits in the peace of the glade as the potion enters her system. Slowly her mind becomes clearer.
She recalls the events in her dream as the potion helps clarify her memories of her nightmare and her ordeal in the well. Her eyes go wide with fright as her skin turns a shade of pale white and her pulse jumps to a high rate. She says to Hanald in broken words with an agitated tone ,
"I remember ... the lich..a lich.. casting a spell upon me... it felt like burning fire from the flames in my bones. It hurt so badly... more than I can describe'

*Says with a very nervous and agitated tone*

The lich was talking to someone.....a spirit.. one in which I could not see...but I felt a chill to my bones. They were saying I'm an experiment..... the first of more to come once the old ruins are found. They will keep looking until they find it.

*she stops speaking for a few minutes lost in the emotions of her memory and she nearly passes out. Hano refills her cup with more herbal potion and she drinks from it again but she is still very agitated and not able to focus very well*

. They are coming for us..... coming soon. The lich was created to serve them. To do their bidding of experimenting on us to learn what we know...what we feel... what we fear. To become their puppets to do what they want.

*she gets lost in her memory of the nightmare again. Then blurts out more of her dream without thinking consciously of it in barely understandable phrases*

The mountains... Return soon ....... well incorrect place.. resume search in the peaks ..... key to power... key to what they want..

*she stops speaking for awhile shaking uncontrollably all over her body. Her fingers on her mug have turned white and she can barely speak*

The Trivmvirate are watching... watching us all ,,,.watching for anyone who knows or remembers. .... looking for the key...to the old tomb of secrets...looking for the key to the source of power that will .... Oh no..he sees me. .He no no nos...knows.. I've been listening ..to ...too them speak... Noo... stay back.. no... please not again. NOOO......

*she lets out a terrifying loud scream that rings in Hano's ears leaving him in a bit of pain and she passes out into unconsciousness. An unconsciousness she does not awaken from by Hano's tender care the rest of that night*
*she finds herself lost in a recurring nightmare while unconscious in which the lich is slowly draining the life out of her... his hands clasped around her throat.. casting spells upon her body causing her intense pain and making her weaker as time goes on. Taking the very essence of her soul into his being. Her skin turns whiter as time goes through the night*
avatar
dragonkillerdojo
Knight
Knight

Number of posts : 131
Registration date : 2008-08-27
Age : 53
Location : Pacific Coast

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Seeks advice from the druid.

Post  Anadrith Indoril on Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:56 am

*Hano does his best to tend to Missin, draping a blanket over her and cushioning her head with her cloak. She stirs weakly several times during the night as Hano watches concernedly over her. The same scene plays over and over in Missin's mind, she seems unable to shake it from her thoughts... Lost in a dream plagued by the same nightmare...*

--------------------

Her eyes flutter open, stung by the hazy green light of the room. At first all she hears is the lapping of the water around her ankles, although as she difts further into consciousness she hears another sound. Tied to the base of the statue and straining agaist her bonds, she cranes her neck to see the 'lich'... who is conversing with someone.


"I hope your new pet is not distracting you from the greater task at hand"

The lich reples "No no no, of course not. Although this is the first live specimin I have come across, and she is facinating. Just think what we could -"

The voice interrupts "That is not of your concern, nor your purpose. You were not created for menial experiments, but to serve the will of the trimvirate. Is that clear?"

"Yes... and we are no closer to finding it. These ruins are too old... and no sign of any burial chambers."

"Unsurprising. We knew the location was incorrect, still... best to eliminate all possible eventualities. Return back as soon as you are able. Best to move the serach back towards the mountains."


At this point Missin's foot slips, causing a slight 'splash' in the water. The lich looks over, starting to move towards her. She catchs a fleeting glimpse of a brazier of blue flame, the smoke of which formed a shadowy figure... who he must have been speaking to. Missin sees the flame flicker and extinguish, the smoke figure evaporating. The dream ends as the lich extends its bony hand towards her, its skeletal fingers clasping round her throat.

Anadrith Indoril
DM
DM

Number of posts : 256
Registration date : 2009-03-24
Location : England (GMT)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Seeks advice from the druid.

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum