The Woes of the Steward

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Woes of the Steward

Post  arhim on Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:56 pm

Akane, Anna, Biery and Mallory leave Fort Hope. The steward looks from a window in the castle.

The Steward thinks aloud, "The Grimalkin are no more and the orc attacks are increasing in frequency. I fear what dark force is driving them from their caves."


Last edited by arhim on Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

arhim
DM
DM

Number of posts : 825
Registration date : 2008-08-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Woes of the Steward

Post  arhim on Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:57 am

TANAMERAH

Leona enters The Inn of the Comfortable Saddle, she is looking for a man named Arhim Nocdane about some Society. She doesn't care, she just wants a reason to exercise her spell and if she can get paid for it, why not. Shortly there after Jinxy Janks enters. Arhim has the bartender put out some drinks and eats for those who attend this meeting. Leona offers some advice to Jinxy about his sister's boyfriend, though she quickly changes the topic in a way that benefits her, in only the way Leona can. Jerner enters shortly fallowed by Fade.


Arhim Nocdane: *nods toward the waiting area and raises his voice* Those interested in the Society come have a seat. I want to thank you for all attending.

Arhim Nocdane: *smiles and bows* I am Arhim Nocdane, owner of this establishment and founder of the Adventurer Society. This is a bit odd of a request on the behalf of the society, its actually more of favor for an old friend of mine ....


He continues and explaining something about Orcs and paying them, at least that is all that caught Leona's ear. She thinks to herself, "This fool? being lead by a Cleric? Great, if he thinks I'm raising his ...". She throws an angry look towards Jerner.

Arhim Nocdane: *shrugs* That I don't know, Mr. Krown has more specifics.
Arhim Nocdane: *smiles at Leona and pulls his beard* Hmm lets say 7000 each? Is that more fair?


Jinxy Janks: ahhhh * and he look the other partners * I agree with this gentleman
Leona: yes....better....
Jerner Thensen: Krown my good friend.

Fade, very much at peace, she listens. This quest means something unique to her, the others would not understand.

The leave and head North to Saban, hoping to catch a boat to Port Smith. For the most part it was.


FORT HOPE

Justan Krown II, the Steward of Fort Hope, grandson of Justan Krown I, patiently awaits the arrival of the Tanamerah Adventurer Society. His family friend Arhim Nocdane, offered to fund a group for him to help him track down an Orc Camp that he thinks is close by.

"I will have a water and whiskey Mark", Justan nods to the bartender.

Mark, head bartender of Pub Kazorn, lines up 3 shot glasses and a bottle of wiskey. "Water is on the house Steward", Mark Smiles.

Anya comes over, takes a shot glass, "Bottoms up Sugar."

Mark takes his shot followed by Justan. "Oh what the hell, no one will probably show up anyway!", Justan moans. Anya kisses his cheek and rubs his shoulders, "Justan, it will be fine." She then goes back to work. Mark pours his another shot and smiles, "Bottoms Up Sugar!". Justan laughs, and takes his shot.

Jerner the Cleric of Alahna, Leona the Sorceress, Jinxy, Fade Le'lisent the Faithful enter the Pub, the smell of might and auroas of magic radiat from this group. Justan seems to have a little hope, the most he has had since the tradegdy with the Grimalkin. Drink and food orders are taken. A merry feast before business.


Leona: Ogres?....I didn't agree on figthing Ogres...at least not for 7000 gp...the deal was Orcs...
Jinxy Janks: OHH YES yessssss 7000 will be nice

Justan Krown: Ogers? They don't normally venture this far down the mountain. Well I reached out to Mr. Nocdane about ...
Justan Krown: Hello there Jerner, glad you could re-join us ...


Jerner enters, looking a bit hungover.

Justan Krown: *smiles* ... lending some help. We have been being under attack here and there over the past few months from the orcs. These orcs are different then the ones that we normally come across up here. They are better equipped and organized then the central forest orcs.

Leona: great *rolls her eyes*....

They discuss further the orcs and other creatures of the Northen woods. They gear up and set out. It is not long before they come upon an orc scoutting party. They fall pretty easily, morale is high and so is adreniline. Being careless, they rush in. Two fell to these stronger orcs, but fate shined and the orcs got theirs, and the fallen heroes, revived.

Justan Krown: *bends over and looks at the body*
Leona: ah...the smell of burning Orcs...I love it...
Justan Krown: Too bad this one is burned so bad by that drake's breath. I could almost swear that orc looked almost like a man
Leona: he was big...ugly and smelled very bad....

After investigating the area and making camp, they head back to Fort Hope to sell their spoils. Justan is most thankful and parts way with the company.



arhim
DM
DM

Number of posts : 825
Registration date : 2008-08-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Woes of the Steward

Post  arhim on Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:39 am

11/21/2739

As he has been doing much of late, Justan finds himself sitting at Pub Kazorn. A glass of Cronkara Red awaits him. He sips his wine as he opens a letter, sealed with a familar crest of silver and gold. A letter from the Arhim Nocdane, members of the Adventure society will be ahead to assist with the latest orc attacks. A sigh of relief is let out, as he finishes his wine.

"A round of whiskey shooters on me!", says Justan.

Jerner Thensen, Buppi Bren, Leon Aylows, Mckayla Dover and Fade Le'lisent make their way from Port Smith East to Fort Hope. A pack of wolves pose the first obstacle, but its the orcs along the road which prove to be the real challenge.

Justan becomes ancie and rides out to see what is taking them so long. He comes upon a battle, Jerner face down unconcious like always. Justan reads a scroll and Jerener awakes and then runs off. Off to raise his friend Buppi.

A quick rest and re-supply at Fort Hope, then off east where some have said there is an orc camp. The battle is bloody but they make their way. More of those large orc human type creatures, even worse, goblins on giant wolves. The group is successful with this current threat, but Justan knows something big is stirring.


arhim
DM
DM

Number of posts : 825
Registration date : 2008-08-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Woes of the Steward

Post  arhim on Fri May 10, 2013 3:24 pm

Fort Hope

Justan wakes in a sweat, stabbing at the air with a dagger he keeps under his pillow. The battle with the orcs and him facing Moge was just a dream.

A knock at the door he hears.


"Sire, sire", says the Vichan the captain of guard.


"Just a moment", says Justan as he splashes water on face.

The door opens.

"One of the adventure society was just here. They said they saw a wizard breeding an army of half orcs", Vichan says.

Justan looks sadden and shakes his head no. Vichan leaves and Justan enters his personal armory.

"Father, I was hoping not to ever have to wear this", he says, as he removes the Armor of the Steward, an heirloom of his grandfather, given to him by King Douchard, before he and his bride set off.

He kneels and prays.

"Moge, I pray for guidance. Wisdom to do what is right."


He lifts the Holy Blade of Moge from it's resting place.


Justan enters the great hall of the castle, where Vichan awaits him.


Vichan, please send for Jerner, we are are going to need lots of scrolls I fear.

Mining Camp

The Saladri Chieftain and a man dressed in black robes stand around a fire.


"Are you alright? Hssss", the lizard chief says.

"No, I am extremly tired. The binding process takes a toll on me. This is not an easy task. Let me rest and I will work on the next batallion. Though, I think maybe you and your kin should try and get us some of the Chaos Warriors next time. Maybe they will bread a better warrior. These ones, well are a bit lacking from what I can see.", the dark clothed man says.

"Maybe itssss the human hostsssss that are lacking. Hssss", says the chief.


"Fine. There is a bandit encampment not too far from your caves, bring me some of them. With all of their limbs this time. Be gone and let me sleep", the wizard says.

"Hssss", storms out the chief.


arhim
DM
DM

Number of posts : 825
Registration date : 2008-08-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Woes of the Steward

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum